ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wonder if anyone is using coilovers in a first genereation Z car. My project 73' 240ZT has them and I was wondering what's the widest tire and profile that anyone has been able to use without adding flares. I am considering adding some IMSA flares. I would like to run some wide tires for autocrossing so I can keep up with the vettes. I'll have the ponies and suspension(illuminas, willwoods, camber/caster plates, sway bars, etc), now i just need the rubber. Also, I am relatively new to autocrossing, anyone know what size of a tire is at the point of diminishing returns for a 240Z? I was thinking about 245s, but I'll have to check around. The weight gain with big tires and rims may not be worth it. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks,
Tim Deesen
71' 240ZT
73' 240ZT(project 99')
CA "TS 240ZT"

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Timster, Aren't we both a little far from home here? I run 225.50X15 BFG TA/ZR tires all the way around on 15X8 Panasports. My springs are 225 front and 200 rear and I haven't even begun to come close to rubbing due to the fact that there is still more room and I am set so stiff that I don't think I am getting down close. I guess it would make a difference how low you set them though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.