ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just had the clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, and transmission replaced in my 240Z. The problem I am having is that in neutral with my foot off the clutch there is a very distinct whirring noise from the clutch area. The mechanic said it didn't worry him (big suprise ) but it has me a bit concerned. Is ther apossibility that he missed something in the installation?

·
Registered
22 Posts
On the 240 there is supposed to be a clearance between the face of the release bearing and the clutch fingers of .79 in. and a free movemnet of the pedal of .39 to .59 in. It sounds as though the new bearing is touching the pressure plate and spinning. Sorry bad adjustment by mechanic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know, right now I have the car up to replace the headlights. Hopefully I can accomplish this with a monumental effort tonite and will test the clutch and answer these questions. Thanks Bruce

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chrome, The clutch disingages 1/2 to 2/3 of the way dawn, and there is no noise I can here with clutch out and car in gear, at least none I can hear. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.