ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OEM clutch, pressure plate and throw out bearing I installed 4 months ago.

a month after installation, it wuold not diengauge all the way, i ajusted the throw rod and it taht worked. again a month later same problem.

this went on for 4 months untill now the rod is tight up against the fork with 0 freeplay and still wont disengauge properly.

I just replaced the slave cylinder, new dot3 fluid, and bled the system, but it didnt affect he problem at all

I even locked the pedal down tot he floor...and waited couple hours. Thier was no loss fo hydrolic pressure after almost 3 hours of the clutch being pushed in, so its not leaking.

WHAT can it be? bending fork? master cylinder not forcing enough hydrolic presure?

please help

dean

·
Registered
147 Posts
Re: Clutch still not fully disengauging (tried eve

have some one work the clutch while you watch the slave cylinder for movement, if the slave cyl moves front and aft about an inch in distance, then both cylinders are fine, problem must be inside the bell housing. There could be something that came loose inside and got wedged between the pressure plater and clutch

·
Registered
651 Posts
Re: Clutch still not fully disengauging (tried eve

Yes, you're on the right track. The clutch lining is probably defective, or the clutch or pressure plate were not installed properly. I think you've done the necessary work to prove that the hydraulic system is ok.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
What was the problem first of all?

What are all the parts you have replaced. When you replaced the release bearing was it with a new one. Did you have any problems with the retainer or did you replace the retainer. There are different length retainers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: What was the problem first of all?

follow the line from the master cyl. to the slavecyl. some branch off and tee to a line which runs up on the right inner finder. if equiped with this it will have a bleed at the end of the line -- bleed it. it holds extra fluid to stop pedal pulsation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
just a shot in the dark...

maybe it's just your clutch pedal that needs adjustment. I usually overlook the simplest answer. I have a 240z. I don't know if 300zx pedal adjusts. Mine does. My clutch started slipping badly, and it turned out it was just a nut behind the pedal was adjusted wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.