ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the effects of a bad slave cylinder are?

More importantly, is it possible that this could actually be causing the car to slip on acceleration?

Clutch, pressure plate, ect. has been replaced as well as clutch master hydraulics. I did not replace the slave, possible this could be the culprit?

·
Registered
248 Posts
yes listen to G8RDave...and I just replaced mine two days ago..easy as ****...41$ Nissan...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also replaced one 2 days ago. And last year I replaced one aswell. They are very easy to replace. Take the cap off your master cylinder and check the fluid level. If its low you probly got a busted seal in your slave cylinder and you'll need to replace it. Don't get the one from autozone its a peace of ****, I bought a Aubestes, something like that. It costs about 45$ dollars but it has a lifetime warrenty and that might come in handy.
The book calls for Dot 3 or Dot 4 brake fluid to put in your master cylinder.
Well man hope I helped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I figured it would cause pressure loss not slipping. Anyway since I replaced everything else I bought the Nissan slave and will throw it on this weekend.

The car was running fine for about 8 months and now it seems as thought the clutch is going out again. (Wishful thinking on the slave cylinder!)

Kind of sucks because I don't drive it hard or get on it alot. The last clutch I put in it lasted over 100k. (All Nissan parts as well.)

:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.