ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pedal slaps the bottom of my foot, it does not slip and the fluid level is normal. When depressing the pedal everything seems oK except for the pedal sticking down?

z4life

·
Registered
639 Posts
Clutch slave cylinder.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
possibly master as well.

Might as well replace both of them while your down there, neither is difficult. And remove/bypass the clutch dampener with a front brake hose from a 280zx; this will make bleeding easier, and better(arguably) the clutch pedal feel.

·
Registered
426 Posts
bleed system first to make sure there is no air. this will cause a lack of pressure to return the pedal to normal. it would allow enough to engage the clutch enough to shift but not to return the pedal.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
also check the where the pedal connects to the rod that runs trough the firewall mine did this and that was the culprit

·
Registered
3 Posts
mine did the same thing for a while. i changed my slave and master cylinder last week and now it works like a champ. it only coast about 70$ @napa. have fun bleeding it!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
had it happen to mine when the slave cylinder was starting to go, cheak for leaks on the whole clutch system. if none then cheak the ajustment on thew clutch pedal under the dast. might have something to do with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.