ZCar Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
7,390 Posts
D'OH
Well this calls for more or less sence...
If A tomato is " considered a " fruit " ( and in my day it was a veggie )
http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/fresh-ideas/dinner-food-facts/tomato.htm
http://oxforddictionaries.com/page/tomatofruitveg
and a Pizza is now a " veggie " due in part to the tomato sauce..Just AXE congress
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/11/17/pizza-as-vegetable-congress-proposes-new-school-lunch-bill/

So if I put a pizza in a blender do I get a fruit or veggie smoothie?

Think about THAT huh??!

Mike

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Guess it depends on whether you put the lid on or not.

By majority (which seems impossible in Congress) people eat tomatoes as a vegetable in salads, etc. The number of people I've seen munching on a tomato-in-hand as fruit is nil.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
So I called autozone and asked If i could come pick up the correct master cylinder (they said it would be ready yesterday), and they said it wasn't there yet, I could pick it up tomorrow at 3. About an hour later autozone calls me and tells me they wont have the part until the middle of January. So wtf. Couldn't they of told me that like a week ago? I spend half an hour on hold waiting for them to process my refund, only in the end to tell me I paid in cash and had to come all the way back to the store to get my refund. What tards.

So I called napa and they said they would have it in tomorrow morning. I can't wait for all this to be over.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Can you push the slave rod/fork back in to the slave with your hand? If you can't push it back you either have a faulty slave or faulty master or the pedal is adjusted too tight, A little adjustment goes a long way. You should adjust in small steps, 1/2-1 turn at a time until you get the pedal position where you want it.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
No I was unable to push it with my hand, or even a tool. That is why the master is in the process of being replaced. Clutch adjustment did not do anything for the engagement point. It always engages/disengages about a half inch from the top of the pedal, If its adjusted all the way in, or all the way out.

If the Master does not fix my problem, I'll try a new slave. If that isn't the problem, well then it's internal and I have some work ahead of me.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
correct. I'm hopefully replacing it tomorrow, I'll let you guys know what happens.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Okay, so I got the master cylinder installed last night and was able to bleed it today. Well I think that was the fix.

Never before was I able to actually hear the clutch plates engage and disengage when pressing and releasing the clutch pedal. Now I can hear a very distinct sound when the two disks mate.

The engagement point seems to be right in the center of the pedal throw (about two inches of pushing down the pedal).

I think I wasn't able to hear the plates mate before because engagement was all the way at the top of the pedal press, and I couldn't hear it over the change in engine rpm.

But thanks to everyone who helped, we'll see if this new master cylinder lasts or not.

(oh, and now I can press the slave cylinder rod back by hand)

101 - 112 of 112 Posts