ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of a new clutch install. My 85 hasn't run in about a month and a week. I replaced all the usual clutch components including the throwout bearing (which I properly greased).

During the process I disconnected the clutch master cylinder from the tranny and reinstalled once the tranny was back in. 2 bolts, no hoses disconnected.

After I had the tranny reattached and set the clutch master cylinder in place I attempted to depress the clutch from the cab and it fell straight to the floor. My question is:

Is the clutch master cylinder not pressurized because I haven't run the car in a month? Do I need to bleed the clutch?

I didn't have any problems of the sort before I began replacing the clutch so I don't think it's the clutch master cylinder. I followed everything else by the book. Am I missing anything else?

Thanks for any help - I'm praying big time that I don't have to drop the tranny again. ****!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yes, bleed the clutch...then bleed it and bleed it some more!!!

Before you do that, replace the clutch dampener with a front 280zx brake hose, if you haven't already.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this a normal occurence when doing a clutch replacement? I'm just so damned nervous because it drops right to the floor and as I said before - I never disconnected any hoses (which would have let air into the system). Is this normal?

Thanks domdogg - I will bleed the system regardless and I have been looking for a good reason to swap inthe 280zx brake hose.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okey dokey, I'll bleed the clutch and see what happens. This baby justs really jams to the floor and I don't see how any air should have gotten into the system, which makes me nervous!

With some luck I should bleed the system tomorrow - I'll post if I get it done! Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.