Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After checking and rechecking the fork/collar/throwout bearing/pivot ball,
ans basicly everything I can think of I still have a problem. When I install the slave cylinder, the plunger rod looks like it has about an inch too much play. When I have installed it before you have to compress it, then put the bolts in. The result is that it won't push the throwout beraing into the release "fingers" on the clutch basket...this is because it is allready at the end of the stroke. There is nothing wrong with the pedal/master/hose/slave cylinder. I compressed the slave by hand and had my son push the pedal...works good.
This is really cooking my noodle. It seems that if there is a "distance" issue of about an inch it would be really obvious...HELP PLEASE???!!!

Cliff

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
have you replaced any other parts? Or did you just do a stock rreplacement?

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
you sure you have the right collar on there? a turbo one is longer. Also did you adjust the pivot at all?

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
fork bent?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was a stock replacement, collar is correct and in spec, fork is correct and in spec. The pivot is not adjustable, it could be if a nut or spacers were added. According to my trusty FSM the only adjustment is at the pedal. The slave automaticly adjusts for plate wear. At this point I have read more than I ever wanted to about the stinking clutch!!!

Cliff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.