ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IN the last 2 days my clutch has gone from Fine...to Crap. I have a '81 280ZX and i know it costs about 200 bux for a stage 1 clutch, i'm just curious on how much it is going to total ... (clutch) + (labor) = ????

any help or past experiences in the clutch department are welcome.

thx

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
> IN the last 2 days my clutch has gone from
> Fine...to Crap. I have a '81 280ZX and i
> know it costs about 200 bux for a stage 1
> clutch, i'm just curious on how much it is
> going to total ... (clutch) + (labor) = ????

> any help or past experiences in the clutch
> department are welcome.

> thx

I have the 82 ZX N/A 2+2, just bought a new clutch from Courtesy Nissan. I got the Centerforce I, but be careful. The coupe calls for a different clutch than the 2+2, so the parts book says. The centerforce I for the coupe is $250 the 2+2 is $350....ouch!! Motorsports in CA. offers the same thing but only advertises the $250 model. As for labor to put it in I haven't a clue. Mine needs syncros too :-(

Ken

·
Registered
486 Posts
For a centerforce clutch, I found them at Performance International for a cheaper. I wish I had found them before I had put one in my 83 and had bought it from Motorsport. They are a little high in price for these. I think the address is www.performanceintl.com. I have not dealt with them, but have heard good things. As for having a shop do it, I think it is about $400, it took me about 2 hours to do.
Joshua L.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.