ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of Daikin (sp?) and if so, any experiences/opinions? i.e. how do they compare in price/performance to Centreforce?

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have a daiken

It seems to be a pretty good clutch, dosent slip , at least i dont think it does. I dont know about longevity, mines about 1000 miles old. So far so good!

Good luck- Evan

I bought it at brake warehouse for a good price, cant remember how much off hand though

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: daiken worthless </b>

I bought one when I did a rebuild on my 78 280. Looked just like the Nissan one, but I couldn't get the Nissan one for a few weeks. Decided to get the Diaken. Most worthless piece of **** produced. I allowed it plenty of time to "break in" break being the key word. Let the clutch out at anything above 3000 and you go nowhere, plus I think it is warped or something, because it take complete concentration to let it out without chattering!! Wish I would have bought centerforce, and probably will this summer. If the Diaken lasts that long!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Paul,the Centerforce sucks too

well at least the stage 1 sucks.I blew one up in about 6 months. Ive been running the clutch i had been running before I got the centerforce and it has held up to some abusive racing the last two years. i cant remember the brand but I think it was Beck Arnley , although I know i only paid 95 dollars for it 5 years ago! Later,norm

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: Paul,the Centerforce sucks too</b>

I have the centerforce dual friction and it is bulletproof,you couldnt make it slip if you wanted to-I would highly recommend it-I have had mine about 1yr and numerous burnouts later there are no problems

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I hope you're right Paul...

Because I have one to put in my car as soon as I can gather some buddies to help. Life sucks after back surgery, it just sucks less than before it!! You're always trying to get someone to pick things up for you!! Heh-Heh

Ken

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Centerforce II

Centerforce I is no better than stock, but the Centerforce II that I am using seems to be really nice. Very light pedal action from a standing stop, but grips like a banshee when you put the pedal down. You can order them from Performance International for $170 for a 78Z and the throwout bearing was another $14. It came in 2 days. <A HREF=http://www.performanceintl.com> Link to Performance International </A>
They also have the absolute best prices on K&N filters.

Steve G

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: I'm unimpressed with Perf Intl!

39.61 for a filter I can buy at a local store for 39.95 and the cleaning kit at Autozone is 7.99 compared to 8.95 at Perf? Then add shipping compared with tax and thats a no-brainer. Even if it's $5.00 cheaper, it's a no-brainer. At least thats the price I decifer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.