ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when my car is running I can not get in gear. I have trid bleeding and ajusting the clutch pedal. nothing worked what else should I try. or what is the problem.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Try the adjustment at the pedal. You may have too much play. I am talking about the adjustment on the pushrod that links the pedal to the master cyl. If that's not it, you may need a new clutch or hydraulics. Good luck!!!

Ian

·
Registered
189 Posts
hate to be bearer of bad news but sounds like your clutch plate needs resurfacing or replacing not to hard after you get transmission out.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Have someone push in the clutch while you observe the slave cylinder rod movement. It is also possible that the clutch fork that the slave cylinder pushes on is knocked off of the pivot. Was the car sitting for a long period? I have seen the clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel rusted together. Good luck! Joe

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help it turn out that i put a 2+2 clutch in by accident witch is bigger than a coupe

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Since a 2+2 clutch uses a 9 bolt flywheel, I am curious how it would have worked on the coupe flywheel.
You can use a 2+2 clutch/flywheel setup, but you must also use the throwout collar for the 2+2.
Anyway, I'm glad you figured it out. Joe

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RE: clutch 77 to all z east

to all z east what i was
talking about was the friction
plate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.