ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
685 Posts
Take the radiator to a radistor shop and have it rodded out or replace it. but first pull the thermostat and check it in a double boiler and see if and when at what temp. it opens. If it is bad replace it but if you do, first be fore you install the new one test it. If the thermostat is ok then do the rad. there really isn't much you can do yourself other than removing the rad. and taking it to the shop. One thing to think of ,if the engine overheats and you warp the head you will be in for a much greater cost. Good luck ,Gary Portland Ore.

· Registered
123 Posts
Re: Already did that...

maybe your system is not clogged have you ever thought it is your water pump? If not A couple months ago I was flushing my cooling system so all I did was get that stuff you put in the radiator filled it up etc., etc. then I waited till the engine was cold and pulled off the lower rad hose and let it all drain out. I then put a garden hose in the upper hose and just ran it for a while flushing the whole system. If you still have problems after that try isolating different parts of the cooling system with the hose trick and make sure the water flows through. It is kind of a backyard job butit worked for me I haven't had overheating problems since.

· Registered
571 Posts
Does the hose have a smooth contour or are there any kinks at all?
Just about all hoses I have seen are about an inch to long to compensate for the possibility in production variations that may occur. Sometimes hoses fit many vehicles and are that bit longer to be more universal. If you don’t trim to size it can and will fail when exposed to high GPM. Whenever you replace a hose lay one on top of the other and verify the length. Longer is a killer. You may wish to search the archives because much has been said about this subject. Nothing beat a well-tuned cooling system. Just like everyone here I have had cooling system problems and we all feel your pain. Nothing is more bothersome than that overflow hose blowing half of your coolant away. .

Think of your car as some very old person that has been eating rich foods all their life.
If they had to run their heart pumps faster and all that crud sticking around can become dislodged and in this case your car is having a stroke. Nothing can stop you if you have an extra clean system with solid hoses that can move water without buckeling.

Madeline Michele
Hollywood,Fl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.