ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1980 280zx n/a 2+2. The clock is digital and I assume that it is the stock clock. It just suddenly quit working one day just like the plug was pulled on it. From time to time it will come back on and work but only when it wants too. I need to know which fuse carries the clock and if it has any relays or fuses or anything to check. I need to trace the wires and check the connections but really don't know where to start. Anyone with any ideas? Thanks very much!! Patti

·
Registered
571 Posts
The weakness in the clock of that zx is the connection of the 4 wires in the back of the 3-meter cluster. They were not thinking here as the connectors corrode and tarnish. Patti, pull out the emery board and clean that area, it may be as simple as just turning them 180 degrees back and forth a couple times on each wire. They clip on and should be spun every 10 years or so. The simple action of turning them causes the surfaces to slightly scrap a path for the power to return. If you find a need to remove it, I can give you a play by play on how we can get that clock working. If it still is not working I have many clocks.
The cost is shipping plus a pizza for my friends and me. For this you get all 3 meters, what a deal. Purely symbolic but I have been on this diet and want a slice of pizza real bad. I went from a size 7 to a 16 and to a 14 and now a 10, I’m hungry. Slim fast eeeeeek.

How’s this sound Patti?
Question - I want to go faster!?
Answer – Remove the entire interior, the T-Tops, no air conditioner, remove heavy spare tire, take out talking lady (she is a big pound), then drop from a size 16 to a size 6. Gain 3 miles per hour weeeeeeeeeeee….

Madeline Michele
Hollywood, FL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.