ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clock in my 78 is slowing down by about an hour or 2 a day. The battery is good. Could there be a loose wire somewhere? Or is the clock just old. Can it be fixed or does it need to be replaced? Thanks.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
On the back of the clock there is a adjustment screw. Turn it 1/4 turn clockwise and monitor the difference. This is the adjustment that will allow you to tune it in to keep accurate time.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> On the back of the clock there is a
> adjustment screw. Turn it 1/4 turn clockwise
> and monitor the difference. This is the
> adjustment that will allow you to
> tune it in to keep accurate
> time.

some clocks (i've found in '78s ) don't have the adjustment screw.

good luck... their 69.00 new

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> some clocks (i've found in '78s ) don't have
> the adjustment screw.

> good luck... their 69.00 new

I dont know if this is definitly true but I tried it on my clock and it keeps almost perfect time now.If you dont have the adjustment. To make it go faster turn it clockwise twelve hours to set it to the correct time. I once heard that turning it clockwise makes it faster and counterclockwise makes it slower.Try it you have nothing to lose. I hooked it to a nine volt battery a let it run overnight while I was adjusting it. good luck

·
Registered
108 Posts
> I dont know if this is definitly true but I
> tried it on my clock and it keeps almost
> perfect time now.If you dont have the
> adjustment. To make it go faster turn it
> clockwise twelve hours to set it to the
> correct time. I once heard that turning it
> clockwise makes it faster and
> counterclockwise makes it slower.Try it you
> have nothing to lose. I hooked it to a nine
> volt battery a let it run overnight while I
> was adjusting it. good luck

The 240's and 260's had the old mechanical electric clocks by Jecco. The have the speed adjustment. They also gum up quick. The 280z's had the quartz accuracy clocks.(which I don't think have the adjustment)

I would go to a junk yard and get another --it's pretty easy to replace.

By the way---the quartz 280z clocks work on the 240/260's also--the clock face is different(different font style for the numbers)--but if one is very careful--they can carefully remove the hands and faceplate off the old clock and transplant to the new quartz job.

I picked a clock up for ten bucks--sure beats the external battery jobs some of the Z dealers offer....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.