Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 88 GLL non turbo.

i cannot get the windsheld washer light on the dash to go off. the bottle under the hood is completely full. is there any way to unplug the sensor, or fix the dumb thing? it is driving me nuts.

also, i cannot get the HVAC system to go off. it is constantly blowing hot air. the set temp is all the way down, and the ambiant temp usualy shows higher than that. is the digital controler broken? i had it removed and there was no air, is there something about the unit im missing? i just got this car, and i dont have the owners manual. i have to run with the windows down to keep cool. that and i cannot direct the air to anywhere but the defroster vents.

·
Registered
321 Posts
For the heat problem I would have to lean to a vacuum leak. Because of the leat it only kicks out heat and defog but that is my opinion.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vacuum leak where? i dont know this car like i know my fieros. front engined cars are COMPLETELY different to me, that and it is a foreign car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
I had the same problem with my washer fluid light. I took my fluid bottle out of the car and cleaned the connectors located on the bottom of the bottle. The connectors tend to get corroded. You can get a spray from your local auto parts store for this problem. Going on one year now.

1989 2+2 GLL White

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a similar problem with the heating and AC. The vacuum hoses on the charcoal canister (is that the right name?) were crossed and once I switched them around the AC worked and the air came out of the vents, not the windshield defroster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay, I don't think it's called the charcoal canister, I believe it's called the vacuum canister, it sits just behind the passenger side headlight. Sorry if I'm not the best at knowing the parts by name. But try playing with the hoses that connect to that, they may just be crossed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.