ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ahve come across a set of turbo wheels off a 83 turbo. I would liek to clean them up and use them on my 260Z; however, they are terribly dirty. Appears that there are years of brake dust on the front ones. What is the best thing to clean them while not harming the chrome? The typical Purple Power, etc does not work.

Thanks

BOB

·
Registered
511 Posts
I use emory paper,
Then seal wool, followed with 3M brite pad, finished with
Mcguires aluminum polish.

I never found a cleaner that works.
I let Gojo soak, WD40,Greased Lightning,various wheel cleaners and it still looked bad.

·
Registered
685 Posts
z-crs, I have been using a product called Quick Silver by armor all, bought it at costco, comes in a pump sprayer. If used as directed it works great , gets all that crud off and leaves the metal bright then if you want ,polish with Mcguires. Good luck gary Portland Or.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Eagle one mag cleaner!!!! The stuff is awesome!!! I'll fight it to my grave that there is no better wheel cleaner on the market right now. Just make sure it's MAG CLEANER, the have a few different ones but the rest of them suck. Spray it on, let it sit for about a minute, hose it off. I know people will say "yeah, right" but I'm telling you, don't knock it till you try it!!!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Re: If all else fails ...ZAP em!!!

Yup...the stuff for cleaning bathrooms ZAP! stuff works awesome on chrome (read about aluminum on warnings first in case you cant use it...) but I had some horrendous Las Vegas sprinkler spots on my chrome wheels and nothing would remove them until I Zapped em... I used the light beige scrubber and the spots just wiped away with ease....

Z ya later
Mike K
Hmmm just read the bottle and it says not to use on aluminum that has been painted or refinished sooooo i dunno what to say...might eat off the clear coat (but if it is already flaking in spots then who cares just remove it all and re-coat em....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.