ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first thing is i did search and didnt come up with exactly what ALL should be covered to clean the engine bay what i got so far is Dist, Alt, AFM, and im going to cover the Fuse relays what else whould be covered if anything

·
Registered
154 Posts
how well are you cleaning this, if it is just spraying cleaning stuff on there and then spray it off you will be good(just be easy on the water). just dont dump 50gal on it and call it good

·
Registered
104 Posts
carefull i did the same thing and was out a z for a few weeks untill it dried out i guess that some of the harnesses by the battery got to wet and kept shorting out also the plugs are recessed in deep so blow them out when you are done.

·
Registered
297 Posts
ok i can tell you this for sure:

distributor
battery
fuses
anything electrical or spark-related that is exposed (check your wire boots)

i think your air intake is fine with the stock box covering it, but if you have a K&N or Team Green clean it properly with the supplied oil. don't blast it with water

anything you are in doubt about you should hand-wash with some grease-cutting soap and rags

that's my advice

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok John you got me. I wouldn't mind having it THAT clean. but that would take a LONG time to pull EVERYTHING out. plus my memory is bad so id have to write EVERYTHING down.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.