Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I started by searching the archives, but came up short. No pun intended.

My question is about the cigarette lighter... "it's 12 volts right?" I am just reading like 6V max. There was a previous post that said something about the "purple" wire. On my 1986Z the "purple" wire feeds the center "post" of the cigarette lighter, and would indicate to me that it is indeed needed to get the Positive side of the voltage there. The Black wire is split to goto the little bulb that illuminates the socket, and also grounds to the body of the lighter receptacle itself.

I am able to read voltage on the center post, but not 12V, and I get no response from several phone chargers, that I know for sure work.

I checked ALL the fuses, they are all good so...

Any hints?

Thanks,

Seahunter

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hmmmmm, sounds strange.
I would just find a feed from you ignition and rewire it, but be sure to seal the old wires.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would love to have a fuse "map" of my fuses

I checked for continuity, on all my fuses, none were blown.

I would love to have a "map" of my fuse console. I have a 1986 non-turbo with an analog guage package.

As far as I read voltage at the "center post" of the cig. lighter I am reading just ~6v That's what really wierd. As far a tapping another adjacent wire for some juice I am poised to do just that. Or rather run a seperate heavier gauge wire, fuse, and a bus bar. The bus bar so I can run a moderate (400w) inverter so I can use my laptop w/gps etcetera

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.