ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Do you have to remove the timing belt itself to change the CHTS and/or harness?

The Haynes manual said to remove the timing belt (along with everything along the way) when replacing the CHTS. From the pictures I have seen posted here (see below) it appears that one could get away without removing it:

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
yep, that's what I did. Worked like a charm. I've got a spare CHTS that I'd be willing to send your way for cheap. Send me an email if you're interested.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
they are Russ Adjustible cam gears. I believe they were about $200 new. You can pick up a set of Morgan adjustible cam gears for around $75 on ebay or z31.com.

·
Registered
31 Posts
what does a CHTS do!?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CHTS - Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor. It senses the temperture of the first cylinder and relays that information to the ECU which make adjustsments to the car (I'm not sure if it's fuel, air, or something else). If your CHTS is dead it will cause the car to run irratically (like crap) until it is at full operating temperature. It does this because the ECU is getting the wrong or no information from the dead CHTS

It is annoying!

After replacement the car should run smooth even at sub-full-operating temperature.

Post Edited (Jul 13, 1:52pm)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.