ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the response I've been trying to get to you for a week! I just don't know how to use this 'posting form' very well. I put my response under your orig. response. blah blah Anyway...

You asked two very good questions, neither to which I know the answer. (glowing?/clouding? {ref. to your reply to my question, 5-21-99}) Nor can I tell you the "exact color" I want the car.

What little I can add is what the color code was on the car that looked "right" under the mercury lights. The code was 8L5 on a Toyota Rav4 (Royal Saphire Blue - I think). The code number is right.

I noticed a "somewhat" similar effect on the color when I had on my 'copper coated' driving glasses.

From what little I remember about chem. and color spec. anal., I assume that the relative 'coolness' of mercury light (as opposed to sunlight {5600kv?} is "condensing" the perceived reflection of the paint color. My glasses are "adding" red to the perception for a similar BUT not identical result. Anyway, we painted the old hood using the Toyota color code, then viewed it under a mercury light - bang, there was the color we are after.

If you had access to a paint chip and a mercury light, you could probably answer your questions much better than I am attempting to do. In my un-educated, non-professional view I would say that the color "deepens" and glows. A true deep purple/blue.

I spoke with a tech. at ICI Autocolor (the auto paint this shop uses), and he said I'm trying to compensate for what is refered to as metamarisim (his spelling?)

Thanks for the help. I'll take all the suggestions I can. I know this is not an easy one; basically I'm trying to 'cheat' the Sun.

KDR

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<b>I'll check in the morning.</b>

I will check with a few of the guys that I have used here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex, tommorow morning.

I think I have a pretty good idea of what yor are talking about, but in order to do it, you may have to find a chemical that is going to alter the rays of the sun. This may prove to be an impossible or unaccomplishable task.

But. . .let me check with a few of the local wizards in the lowriding world, and see what I can come up with. I'll post or e-mail you sometime on Monday afternoon or evening.

Chris Behney
Redline Autosports

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CHRIS BEHNEY: RE: I'll check in the morning.

Chris Behney,

Did any of the 'local wizards' come up with anything? Just wondering, I'll gladly wait if this answer is going to take time. Let me know when you have a minute

Thanks again.

KDR

Chris Behney and Zilla wrote:
-------------------------------
I will check with a few of the guys that I have used here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex, tommorow morning.

I think I have a pretty good idea of what yor are talking about, but in order to do it, you may have to find a chemical that is going to alter the rays of the sun. This may prove to be an impossible or unaccomplishable task.

But. . .let me check with a few of the local wizards in the lowriding world, and see what I can come up with. I'll post or e-mail you sometime on Monday afternoon or evening.

Chris Behney
Redline Autosports

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.