ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The body looks to be in pretty good shape, no dents, but the rubber trim or small piece of weather stripping on the driver side door is coming off, part of the chrome trim on the passenger door is cracking. Looks like there is white paint spackle on the front bumber but maybe it could be washed off (didn't look like it was washed for a while). On the inside, the back cargo interior trims were pretty scratched up and the headliner was missing, just had the headliner board. Seats were still in good condition except for minor wrinkles, no rips. AC worked, which is a plus, had the adjustable suspension dial. Started up fine, no leaks, good idle, 124,000 miles, 5 spd. Guy said had the injector recall done and timing belt changed but had no paperwork to back that up. Not sure what the condition turbo is in and i still yet have to take for a drive. There asking for 2850 but I think that might be to high and im goin to offer 1600 for. Does this seem reasonable based on the info and the notion that the turbos might be goin anytime soon? Thanks.

ps. Ill post some pics wen i get home tonight.

Post Edited (Sep 25, 1:31pm)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
My 2 cents: Based on the info you gave, 1600 is closer to what I'd think it's worth. I wouldn't worry about the turbo if there's no smoke. Where is this chrome trim on the passenger door?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It kinda runs along the top side of the door, horizontally and up along the A pillar towards the T tops. Basically its the chrome trim around the windows, even the ones on the t tops, if you get what im tryin to explain.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, like in this picture <http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=2&i=137601&t=137601> But I swore it was chrome and not painted chrome, but like I could see my reflection in it. Ill look at the pictures I have to make sure though.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I'd double check and look for the turbo. Sounds like someone's trying to pull one over on you.

An 85 turbo will have shaded rear tail lights, and the 300zx turbo reflector in the back.

The pipe going to the Throttle body should be metal.

Oh, you could just look for the turbo too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, its got the 300zx turbo reflector in the back, the 3000 turbo plate on the intake manifold (could have prolly swapped it out), and the pop off valve on the intake manifold. Not really sure bout the metal piping to the throttle body. Ill get the pictures up soon.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good lookin out. Yeah, im aware of those that badge N/A's as turbos so I made sure it was a true Turbo car. Might go look at it on Mon. or Tues and take it for a drive. What im worried most about is the turbo goin bad and if the injectors and timing belt were really taken care of since they have no records. I think ive read that if the injector harness had yellow stripings or tape or something along those lines that the injector recall has been done. Correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Some of them have yellow electric tape on them after they've done a recall. But some people could just do this themselves.

You can check the injector wiring and see if it has been changed to post-recall wiring. Pre-recall is all of the injectors are wired up to individual wires, post-recall is batch injection, or all of the injectors on one side of the engine wired up to the same leads.

If you really want to be sure, just call 1-800-Nissan-1 with the vin# handy, and ask them yourself.

As for the timing belt, if you don't feel 100% sure that it's been done, get it done. Take the front timing belt cover off and inspect it. If it looks like it's been replaced within the last 4,000 miles, then you're probably ok. If not, make sure to get it done.

My best analogy to not getting it done would be like having someone else pack your parachute when you're going ski-diving. Sure it might be ok, but do you really want to have something terrible happen if it doesn't?

·
Registered
782 Posts
I like it looks nice, just check for rust under the carpet in the back and where the IRS subframe mounts are. Also may wanna see if the clutch slips under boost.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Definitely a turbo. The seats and maybe the console cover are out of an NA and it's hard to tell from the pics but it looks like the engine compartment color doesn't match the body color but that's just FWIW info. Check for body damage and/or wrinkles in the upper crossmember. Otherwise looks pretty good. 1600 may not be enough depending on what they go for in your area.
Why'd you black out the license plate numbers?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
better safe than sorry?

I'm not going to go around posting my IP address....or my phone number.

Maybe it's just me....?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Not that I want it or need it but I know your IP, your browser, and your OS (might want to consider using a proxy if that worries you)...don't care about your phone number or any of your other personal info. Blacking out a license plate number seems overly paranoid but it's otay by me ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.