ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to sound like an old goat, but check your local vehicle codes before you customize your Z. This includes your tires, lights (covers, lens colors), exhaust and smog. You might get away with it for a while, but some cop having a bad day is going to pull you over someday for it. And depending on what you have done can go from a warning (that will take 15 minutes out of your day along with the 3rd degree) to having the car towed home (at your expense). In most states, a fixit ticket can keep your car from being reregistered until it is fixed, and in CA if you remove any smog device, it will cost any amount to bring it back to code no mater what year it is.

I like the looks of a custom car myself, but just a word to the wise, Don't spend your hard earned cash on something that will cause you head aches later. You already had them getting your Z your way.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: R U talkin' from experience or ...

No, but being 45, and a former biker, I have had a few fixit tickets, and they are a pain in the ass. Last time it was for a burnt out brake light on my '85 Cavelier that was working the previous day. Like I said, no sense in spending money on something that they make you remove later

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.