Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Nice:)

hiya nate,

nice work on the cars so far:) You should convince your dad to let you have the 240z and sup that baby up:)But there's one thing I would like to point out. That concept car that you posted on your webpage, i'm pretty sure nissan scraped that one and went back to the drawing boards. There are some drawings on zhome.com (not by nissan, but by artists/fans) that i think look pretty good especially. the newest one it looks like the back of a 300ZX front hood of a Z and the middle part of it looks like the concept which isn't much:) If it had that and a inline 6 i would be in heaven. Well i'm sure i put all you guys to sleep so
Zya
yuichi

·
Registered
364 Posts
A few comments....

Hi Nate,

The web page looks pretty good the photo's are nice. I have to admit, having a 73 240Z myself, I kinda like your dad's car just alittle bit better. Your car is nice too, don't get me wrong... but.... I just like your dad's car better.

I finished a web page design class tonight, so I might be alittle critical.... The page loaded slow... that's to be expected with all the graphics. I also noticed who your web host was... so I think this is normal. I don't know if this is one of your first attempts at html... but I would have organized it to a min. of 3 levels of graphics. This might have helped it load a bit quicker. Take this as just a comment...

Some additional information I would have like to have seen is things like: History of the cars, modifications details, what the finished product is going to be. The cars looked like they were finished products. But nothing said they were. Lastly, more links... If you use www.highway61.com and do a search on datsun 240z. A list of links will appear.

I did like the links you had... and think Motorsports Auto in Orange is a great place too....

I think your page is great and I also bookmarked it. ALl said and done... I would give it a thumb's up. Good Job Dude....

Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Another comment

Your page said the 240 has more power than 280. Is this because of modifications you've done, or are you getting this from the factory hp claims. If it's because of factory horsepower claims, then it isn't true.

The way power was measured changed in the mid-1970s, from gross to net horsepower. Before, they would measure hp with engine alone, ie. no drivetrain, differential, etc, just the engine. After about 1975, manufacturers were required to measure using the "net horsepower" method. This measure hp at the rear wheels, and that is the reason that hp "dropped" between the 240 and 280.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.