ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i've been dreaming to have a L28 Turbo in my 240z for years. I know the best way is to get a complete 280zxt and swap everything from it. however, since i am a student i can't afford much. so here is what i am thinnking to swap my baby to turbo in less expensive way.(well, less power,too)
I got turbo exaust-manifold, pipe and a turbo yesterday at a junk yard. i am planning to have the turbo rebuiled. then just install the manifold and turbo to my car. however, my car has SUs(late model). so the engine has to have an intake to fit turbo piping and the SUs. for this, one of my friend told me he can help me making intake to connect turbo and SUs. so it should be fine. but, here is the question, is it hard to control Fuel/Air mixture with SUs? or is this whole plan not going to work? i need advise. i know i'm going on a weird way to turbo swap but i guess this is the cheapest and fastest way for me to have a turbo engine for now. thank you all!

hiromi

·
Registered
59 Posts
g`day,
checkout the thread below, "Draw-thru turbo L28 ??", itll give you some ideas.
with the SU`s i dont believe they can be used in a blowthru turbo setup (im unsure if thats what youre talking of doing), you would need a "normal" type carb for that, plus you need to change to high pressure fuel pump and lines etc. and do some mods to the carb for it to work, costs about the same as setting up car for efi.
a carby turbo will still make lots of power if you set it up right, have a read of the other thread and see what you think.
later
Paddy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.