ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who would be interested in a cold air induction system similar to MotorSports for only $79.00 or less. I'm just trying to get a feel for the number. The higher the number the cheaper the parts. The look is good and we have more color options.

Take a look at WWW.Picturetrails.com/Zlady

Thanks for you comments

· Registered
996 Posts
Re: Cheap cold air induction system. Take a look!!

Looks good, thanks for the pictures. Is the filter element a cleanable, reuseable type like the K&N? If I drop that 16" cresent on it can I buy a replacment element (other than using a K&N)?
Your install in on an n/a car and I think the setup might have to be slightly modified to work on a turbo car (especially one with intercooler piping), is the intake tube strong enough to withstand the moderate force of hacksaw cutting or drilling?
Dan

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

YES the intake tube is very sturdy. The movement of the piping can be elevated a little to accomadate a better fit. Yes, the cone is washable and sturdy. You can even use a K&N cone if you like. I did not like the airflow.

· Registered
589 Posts

Monsterdog, is it necessary or easily modifiable to fit the early Z cars, such as my stock 240Z? What are the dimensions (Diameter of the small end, large end, and piping)? I have great interest. Thanks, Ernest (240/260Z)

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Good question. I dont know what the 240 intake set-up is. If I can take a look at someones set up I can come up with a solution. I'm very good at this. The key is the intake inlet were the boot is located. The tube bend angle is the key.

· Registered
345 Posts

i would definetly be interested in the cold air induction but im plannin makin my own but it doesnt come cheaper than $79 ill definetly get back to u.

· Registered
589 Posts

Thanks Monsterdog, if I recall, most if not all that I have seen are flexible tubing attached tho the "mouth" or air inlet at the air filter box. Ernest (240/260Z)

· Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You should be good to go than.... I'll try to look at a 240 soon and see what I can do. As long as the tube and cone can fit we should be in business.

· Registered
157 Posts

Hook it up, sounds good, I'm trying not to spend lots of money but want good performance from my Z. Saving my pennies for an 83 I want to restore....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.