ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to get a lift support for a 72 that won't cost an arm and a leg? One local auto parts store said they can special order one for $60, has anyone used those? Are they any good?

That's the best price I've found so far, with Motorsports coming in second at $80. Most catalogs/stores simply don't carry it. I don't want to go used.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I Get Mine from J.C. Whitney

They come with adaptors for about $30 a set and they're better than the originals.

Unless you want a car that's "bow tie stock," this is the best deal I've found. Lots of auto parts supermarkets sell the same items, if you live in a major city.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: I Get Mine from J.C. Whitney

I got mine from AutoZone for about $15 each. They are not exactly like the origina'sl in that they don't raise very quickly for the first 6 inches(but then they are fine) but they also don't make you think they are going to stay up and then drop on your head like the stock ones did. It seems to be a pretty generic part.

Russel 83ZXT

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>FOR 79-83ZX owners</b>

get the hatch supports from NISMO. The ones designed for the ZXR. I got mine for $30 apiece and they are designed for heavier hatches. Louvers, fins, and such wont make the hatch fall.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: Parts America-now Advance.

About 15.00 each and very sturdy. They are slow to raise by themselves, but hold until you are sure you want to close the hatch. Been on for a year and still the same. Got louvers on my car. too.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The supports for the 70-73 are different - they have a single support on the driver side. Are all of you talking about supports you have for your 74 or later? Does anyone have specific information about the earlier supports?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Heres something you can try. Go and get a piece of PVC pipe just a tad bigger in diamiter than the strut tube. cut to needed length, cut a gap down (or up) the center of the PVC the same thickness as the strut rod. You can file the ct to clean it up. Then paint to desired color. This should cost you a bundle at least $1 if you already have the paint. Hope this helps

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: FOR 79-83ZX owners $25.00 each

We sell new replacements for $50.00 pair on zx's.
On the 240's, we have a few left, but no new ones. Thanks, Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.