ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody with a March issue of Turbo magazine take a look at page133 and tell me if the hose connecting the blue intercooler tubing looks like radiator hose to you or not. Looks just like it to me, but it might just be the blow-off valve outlet routed out of the engine bay by the looks of the layout. Isn't a radiator cap usually designed to blow off at around 15 psi? Wouldn't this work in system seeing less than 15 psi? I see the usage of yellow silicone hose from the tb, also. The radiator hose unless compromised by heat and age will withstand the pressure. I'd like the verstility of being able to make short bends with the hose. Let me know if anybody has tried this.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yes, I have used radiator hose for the intercooler and throttle body connections, and never had any problems with it.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the connections on my intercooler are with radiator hose. It's pretty heavy stuff, have not had a problem with it yet. I only push about 12 lbs through it though.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I only used straight hose, though. Don't have any experience with bent sections, like 90 deg elbows. I doubt that this would be any different from silicone elbows, though. It might actually be stiffer than some silicone hose.

I always use mandrel bent metal joints for the bends greater than, say 10 degrees. Don't know if that's absolutely necessary, but I just feel better about it. Steel is less likely to deform in the bends in high flow situations...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.