ZCar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1981 280zx 2+2
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live on James Island, sc and have 1981 280zx 2+2 with 38k miles. Looking for a local mechanic for little stuff like struts, caliper swap etc. car is perfect otherwise
I used Bert’s on Folly Rd but rear calipers and rear struts was $750.00 labor.
Any thoughts appreciated.
CHK3

·
Administrator
1983 280ZX Turbo
2,341 Posts
If they quoted replacement for $750 it sounds fair to me. What shocks were quoted??

Or was that just pads, not replacing calipers? Calipers seldom need to be replaced.

·
Registered
1981 280zx 2+2
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they quoted replacement for $750 it sounds fair to me. What shocks were quoted??

Or was that just pads, not replacing calipers? Calipers seldom need to be replaced.
I supplied the 2 - struts, rear calipers, brake line hoses and pads.
One rear caliper was dripping fluid.
I just sent my originals to California for rebuild.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live on James Island, sc and have 1981 280zx 2+2 with 38k miles. Looking for a local mechanic for little stuff like struts, caliper swap etc. car is perfect otherwise
I used Bert’s on Folly Rd but rear calipers and rear struts was $750.00 labor.
Any thoughts appreciated.
CHK3
i have a 1981 280zx turbo that i am restoring. hasn't been on the road in 25 years. i have done the struts, shocks and breaks and would be happy to help you. just contact me.

·
Registered
1981 280zx 2+2
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i have a 1981 280zx turbo that i am restoring. hasn't been on the road in 25 years. i have done the struts, shocks and breaks and would be happy to help you. just contact me.
Would be interested to see yours and maybe vice versa. I am the original owner and mine might be one of the best original representatives. Mine doesn’t need anything just yet but I have purchased new front struts, Chinese front calipers in case. My OEM rear calipers are in Calif for rebuild. Motorsport contacted me an indicated they have some “new” Cardone calipers for the rear at least.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts