ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to ask this 'but would someone tell me how to change the springs on a 78 280Z (front and rear) My parts car has some Energy Suspension springs that look to be in better shape then mine. I took off a rear spindle from my parts car so just to see how it was put together I undid the 3 nuts on the rear strut tower and then I looked under and I really don't see how you get that spring off. I wanta know the right way before I get it out so I can keep the down time on my car at a minimum. Any help appreciated.

· Registered
648 Posts
You need a spring compressor first of all. I would not attempt this without atleast a Haynes manual, or better yet, FSM. Also check the technical articles on Zhome.com

If you're going to do the springs, you might as well do the struts as well.

In the front, it's also time to think about the condition of your ball joints and tie rod ends. While you're at it, replace all bushings with polyurethane while you have it apart.

I just got done rebuilding my whole suspension, after never doing suspension work before. It's not a trivial exercise, especially if you want to do the job right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.