ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i mite have the gear oil changed at a tranny shop in town. $25 labor for each tranny and diff + $2 per quart of gear oil. i want to add some kind of synthetic Oil Stabilizer to it, like lucas oil stabilizer (for trannys and diffs) which is $16 a for 32 ozs. u can put from 50%-100% in trannys and diffs. i would put a full bottle in tranny and full bottle in diff. so it would cost about $100 to have the gear oil changed in both. is it worth it?
$50 - labor
$5-10 - gear oil
$35 - oil stabilizer

·
Registered
540 Posts
the car was designed to run with the oils specified. i was told buy a knowegable trans tech with 30 years of experence NOT to put anything in the tranny unless u r having problems.u dont fix something unless its broke with these trannys r ok as long as u change the oil in them often . what i do is put strong hard drive magnets around the oil drain plug and when it go to change the oil i take it off b4 i drain it, then i replace it. as far as the tranny i would also put the magnets on that pan also.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
"the car was designed to run with the oils specified. i was told buy a knowegable trans tech with 30 years of experence NOT to put anything in the tranny unless u r having problems.u dont fix something unless its broke with these trannys r ok as long as u change the oil in them often . what i do is put strong hard drive magnets around the oil drain plug and when it go to change the oil i take it off b4 i drain it, then i replace it. as far as the tranny i would also put the magnets on that pan also."

usually true. usually Lucas oil stabilizer is only going to help though. It just causes the oil to cohere better. I have used it without problem, but not in my Z yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.