ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Ummm, when I did it with my Datsun I had NO IDEA what I was doing and had to use jack stands to hold the car up...Probably took me about 10 hours total because I had to keep running around like a chicken with his head cut off to get more parts to make the job easier lol. Once you do it once...It's hella easy the next time

·
Registered
297 Posts
probably a full day if you've never done it before, and hopefully you don't run into any problems. in my case, some idiot who owned the car before me welded on the exhaust piece that goes from the turbo to the cat, so it took a lot of time to get my tranny out.

give yourself a weekend to work on it just to be safe, and make sure you have the proper jacks and socket sizes with extensions

good luck

Post Edited (Nov 7, 4:08pm)

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
took me about three and half hours including the time it took to take the flywheel down to have it resurfaced.

i had it on jack stands and used a tranny jack to drop the tranny. the only thing i didnt replace was the pilot bearing cause i couldnt figure out a way at that time to get it out.

on ave. if youve never done a clutch b4 look to spend most part of the day on it

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
If you have never done it before I would allocate a whole weekend to the project.

To be honest, it took me longer then that but only because I had the original exhaust system from 20 years ago in place and the bolts were virtually frozen/welded to the piping.

Also, most resurfacing places aren't open on the weekends (where I live in a small town anyway) so you will want to take that into consideration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.