ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just wondering how strong is the centerforce i clutch. my stock 280z clutch keeps slipping....i guess 230hp with light flywheel was a bad idea to put stock clutch in the car...hey i know i know what a dumb ass i am....dont get down on me to hard, i needed a car to drive plus the clutch was only 90 bucks from a friend of mine thats works at a local auto shop. i didnt want to spend the 300-400 dollar clutche right now,,,maybe later....but my centerforce i clutch should be arriving any time soon..got that for 85 bucks....hopefully it will work better than the cheap stock 280z one...hehe take care all and thanks for the information

mikee

·
Registered
567 Posts
for high performance engines you should use the CF2 for the dual friction. what engine do you have? if you have the L series how did you manage to get 290hp out of it? that sems kind of high. I did just about everything i could do aside from forced induction, on my engine L28, and i'm expecting only 250-275. Anyways, there is also the possibility that the clutch surface is not clean, therefore slipping easier.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I also forgot to tell you that if you buy online you could save a lot of money. for example

http://www.performanceintl.com/shop/model.cgi?comp=cf_imp&make=NISSAN-DATSUN

I found the dual friction for 250 after shipping and taxes for an 83 zx not turbo. regular price in stores is 330+shipping. for the zxt is about 280 with tax and shipping. thats the best i have found so far. the cf2 is about 50-70 less

·
Premium Member
40,978 Posts
DF will handle you!

I had the Nismo Clutch, and it was supposed to handle 250HP and 250 ft-lbs of torque. After breaking it in, I took it to the dyno. First run POOF! Up in smoke bigtime. The dyno operator said "I never seen a turbo come on so hard!"
Replaced it that weekend with a Centerforce Dual Friction and have run that in the car since (this was in 91 I believe!)
Turbo, 12#, 265-50-14 out back, 4000 holeshots traction-limited. No slippage!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.