ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my head unit and taking out the CD player. Not wanting to leave a big gap there, I'd like to fill it with the bin that some models have.

Anyone have one lying around?

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
nobody did last time you posted this. But you did get 3 good suggestions. Did you read them?

<http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=3&i=305264&t=305264>

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, it never hurts to ask again! And yes, Zazupilot, I did see your answer in the previous post, Thanks!

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
get a DIN pocket, guage pod, or I believe they make a retractable cup holder for that space too, i think the 90's maximas had them.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
That's where I put my satellite radio. Fits perfectly.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I also have the combination cup holder / storage drawer one as well. The cup holder is pretty usless in the Z32 since the dash is at an angle, but it could work for other vehicles. $20 shipped.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I won't need the bin after all. I installed everything tonight and it went perfectly. I used the space where the CD player was for the connectors and the XM boxes. Eventhough Crutchfield said the Sony wouldn't fit (1/10 inch too long) it went fine.

What a great feeling when you attach everything, turn the key and the darn thing lights up and PLAYS!!!

I'm gonna put a black plate over the opening or maybe use the face of the CD player to cover it.

I didn't finish the trim pieces yet, I have to run the wiring for the antenna.

Post Edited (Jan 31, 7:48pm)

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
is the XM unit too big to drop below the din space and sit on the tranny tunnel? On a separate note, I woulda put the XM unit under the seat or somethin. I seem to remember me having 3 pairs of RCA cables (very thick monstercable) coiled up, an mp3 player adaptor with RCA cable, and some box that connects to my had unit. . . all sitting on the tranny tunnel below the DIN pocket and the head unit. Maybe yours is too big though, the pocket is so useful. Wallet, mp3 player, trash (reciepts, etc), CD's all work well.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're right, the bin would be handy, but since I haven't had one since I've had the car, I won't miss it. I'd rather have the space to hold all the boxes and cables.

OK, found a piece of sheet plastic to cover the hole.

Post Edited (Feb 4, 7:55pm)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.