Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

On the center console of at least the 280, and probably the 260, at the very front there is a brace that goes from side to side that acts as a support for the rear of the radio. The brace is attached with screws that sit in pockets on the sides of the console. When doing up the sound system in my 76 on its new center console I got to wondering if those pockets had any little plugs or covers that hide the screws from view. Seems like from looking at it that it would, but MSA says they do not sell them or know about them. I know there must be an originality expert out there who knows or has a Z in which they are still there(if they do in fact exist, LOL).

Thanks guys................

Charles

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
No plugs/covers on my 78...doesn't look like any were ever there...but that doesn't mean you couldn't add them...it would "neaten-up" the console...good idea... :eek:)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Are you talking about the center console between the seats? I know there is a bracket that goes from side to side on the console that sandwiches between the fuze box and lighter on a 240. If that's the question your asking.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2400 sounds pretty definitive on it so I guess that is the way it is. To be honest I am kinda surprised that Datsun didn't cover the holes. Guess a penny here and there adds up to real savings for the automakers........

Thanks a lot guys for the info, one less thing for me to think about..........

Charles

·
Registered
511 Posts
They didn't have plastic plugs in the seventies.

That was before they started mass producing color TVs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.