ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When slotted mag were put on 240z's back in 72, what type of center caps were put on? I think they were aluminum and had a Z emblem on the top, but I am not sure. I went ahead and ordered some from motorsport that looked pretty nice, but when i got them, i relieved they were plastic!! They looked like crap. Any information on this subject would be great.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'd Kill For Center Caps that fit/look good

> When slotted mag were put on 240z's back in
> 72, what type of center caps were put on? I
> think they were aluminum and had a Z emblem
> on the top, but I am not sure. I went ahead
> and ordered some from motorsport that looked
> pretty nice, but when i got them, i relieved
> they were plastic!! They looked like crap.
> Any information on this subject would be
> great.
I have a '74 260 with slotted mags that were put on back in '74. I too would like to get some new center caps. Can't find any that fit. The center hole in mine is exaclty 3. The ones from Motorsports, which are plastic, in my opinion don't look THAT bad, but they don't fit. I hestitate to buy the kind Motorsports sells that require drilling and then attach with 4 screws.

I'm sorry I can't tell you where to get caps, if you hear anything, let me know.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Re: I'd Kill For Center Caps that fit/look good

> Can't find any that
> fit. The center hole in mine is exaclty
> 3. The ones from Motorsports, which
> are plastic, in my opinion don't look THAT
> bad, but they don't fit.

I solution that really works. I did it and they stay on. wrap the part of the cap that fits into the mag with elecrical tape, folding the excess width into the cap. You may need to wrap two times around. I have not lost a cap in two years. Let me know if this works

·
Registered
804 Posts
Re: I'd Kill For Center Caps that fit/look good

Are these the rims/centercaps that you are refering to. I would be willing to part with them since I'm not going for a restoration. Let me know if they are and if anyone wants them. You should be able to save the pic and zoom in using software on your pc

·
Registered
399 Posts
I need caps to fit 3" hole

> Are these the rims/centercaps that you are
> refering to. I would be willing to part with
> them since I'm not going for a restoration.
> Let me know if they are and if anyone wants
> them. You should be able to save the pic and
> zoom in using software on your pc
Thanks for the response.

Those don't look like slotted mags to me. The center caps look smaller than the ones you see on slotted mags. On mine, the hole in the wheel is 3 exactly. I need caps to fit 3 hole.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just happened upon this web site. They may have what you need. The description said they were chrome or stainless steel!

Disclaimer: I haven't done business with Mr. Lugnut. So don't flame me if their stuff isn't up to your standards.

If you do like what they sell, please respond to this forum with the info. Heck, if you don't like what the sell, respond ;=)

Lee

<A HREF=http://www.mrlugnut.com/covers.htm>http://www.mrlugnut.com/covers.htm</A>

> When slotted mag were put on 240z's back in
> 72, what type of center caps were put on? I
> think they were aluminum and had a Z emblem
> on the top, but I am not sure. I went ahead
> and ordered some from motorsport that looked
> pretty nice, but when i got them, i relieved
> they were plastic!! They looked like crap.
> Any information on this subject would be
> great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.