ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of replacing the stereo in my '76 280Z and maybe going with a cd player. Does anyone have one in the stock location and can you get a disk in and out easily?
Thanks,
Retro

· Registered
30 Posts
I dunno, the shifter made it a hastle, so I found the sweetest tape deck I could and Im going to add a changer, especially since the glove box is as big as it is....

although.... a nice mp3 deck would be nice.....

· Registered
181 Posts
Our local BJ's club has the best deal... a JVC tape deck with a 12 disc CD changer for $200.00. I have this in my truck, and just got one for the Z. You'd think I was a spokesperson, but I'm not... it's just a really good set up for an awesome price.

Shayne

· Registered
1,175 Posts
Any standard sized CD player should fit in the stock location. As far as getting around the stick shift, I'd think pretty much any front loading deck would be the same. The kind with the flip-down faces might be a little better since the loading location is a little further back.

Definitely go with an MP3 deck if you can. You can fit 10 or more CDs worth of music on a single CDR with no noticable loss in quality. Blows the crap out of CD changers! They play normal CDs as well. CDR drives are cheap these days and blank CDs are dirt cheap. It takes time to rip and burn the CDs but it's worth it.

Bring a CD with you to some stereo shops and try a few out for yourself to see which one feels better, then shop around the internet for the best price on that model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.