ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put a Cd player in a early z. I have a 1971 240z and i want to put a CD player in it. What do i need, and where do you get the wireing harnes. How hard is it, and do you need a in dash installation kit. Thanks.

CHUCK

·
Registered
157 Posts
It's not hard doing it yourself. Just get a kit for the CD player modify you dash so that it will securly hold the CD player and add a good backround to hide your cuts and bolts and drill holes.

Installing the CD is easy is pie. The ground wire, Power cluster, antenna wire, and speaker wire.

My question to you would be what kind of speakers to use, with not too many options in the interior? Maybe throw wome 6x9's in the allready present 4 inch speaker holes? just modify and drill new holes, and add the grate to cover the imperfections...

·
Registered
181 Posts
you can get the wiring kit from best buy or circut city... places like that.... provided you still have the stock radio plugs in the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Crutchfield has a face plate for about $5.00 including installation instructions. Just put a DIN reciever in my 260. Piece of cake. Minor trimming around exiting radio cut-out.

·
Registered
574 Posts
speakers

hey chuck...if i was u i would add some speakers why u are at it...but i dont like the idea of tearing up the interior...i have a hatch box in mine...pair of 12s and a pair of tweeters...also nice to have an 800 watt amp too....of course not alot of room for much else...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.