ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add a cd changer to my '81 270zx coupe. I would like to have it out of sight. I checked the cargo bins behind the seats and the glove box, but neither area seems to have enough depth. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Got an idea

What about the spare wheel compartment? You can fit both in there, if it's verticle. I don't think you can fit more than a 12 disc changer in there, but I only put a 6 disc changer in the back. Plus it's out of sight, and if you can stand taking the one piece on and off, it's totally easy to wire it up.

·
Registered
996 Posts
How about the rear storage compartment behind the drivers side rear wheel. It has a locking cover and if you remove the panel you'll see you can take out the plastic compartment. Then you could make a bracket to mount the changer and load it by opening the door.
Dan

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I've got my sony 10 disc changer in the glove box...took out the actual black insert and slid the changer in there...made some brackets and presto. I just keep my registration..etc. in the center console

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice!!! I'm going to go with the glove box... got the black insert out, now I just need the cd changer... minor detail. I'm glad... thought I was only gonna fit a 6 now I can move up to a 10... thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.