ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have the dimensions of 88t cat? what size pipe and length. im starting to think mine is clogged and would like to make a straight through pipe.... the car was gettin more and more sluggish then it got a little better.. and a little louder~ lol like it blew some of the cat out. im running really rich for unknown reasons still.. i'd like to get the cat off of my back~delete one step in this process of making my shiro perfect... thanks in advance

also, i have apexi 3" exhaust.. how will this sound with no cat? i dont want loud.. right now its really mellow.. i figure with the turbo it cant get to loud~ any input would be more than welcome

·
Registered
657 Posts
if you run without a cat......... you r going to get a more ricey sound..... the cat actually muffles a good deal of sound.......... i had a hollowed out one on my car for the last year.. just put a new one on it last week...... it sounds better with the cat....... without the cat you have a kinda raspy sound to it.........

try this.......... hollow out the one you have.(make sure you pull the muffler after so you can blow out all the little ****)........ run it and see if you like it... if you dont, get a new cat..... if ya like it, get the pipe for it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good idea bobs86zx.. ill try that. i ran it once with the apexi exhaust off and the cat still on... it was way to loud with no muffler.. but i havnt tried with no cat~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.