ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
hardly anything, I removed my CAT and it felt like I may have lossed a little torque but gained some high RPM horse power. On an NA its not worth it, but on a turbo it would yield better results.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Agree with Red. The best all the way around is a high flow performance cat. Still lets you be legal, gives the exhuast a deeper tone, flows just as good as not having a cat, lets the car opperate properly as the ECU is set to run with the smog equipment, and if you are into that sort of thing it won't pollute the air. Basicly removing the cat is the cheap way to go but the way federal and state smog laws are starting to get we all need to start watching what we do to our cars. They are saying that with in the next 10 years there will be camaras on the highways and freeways that can sense if you are polluting and then will send you a ticket via the mail just like the red light cams now. Already here on the west coast there have been a few sightings of road side smog tests, similar to a sobrity road test that you see sometimes. Also remember that if at any time you are pulled over by a cop if he happens to look under your car and doesn't see a cat that you will be sighted heavily for it. So the question comes is all these possibilities worth the 1-2hp you may gain when you could just spend 50 bucks and get a high flow cat to avoid all the hassle. It's up to you.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^
Hes right

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.