ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following your problems because I may have these in the future . I have a few suggestions . 1) You cat may be plugged with a big old fur ball unbolt your exhaust go for a drive . 2) Intercooler may be plugged clean it out with gas and let it thoroughly dry outside 3) If you have a faulty wastegate 4) Your new turbo requires more fuel, it is probably time to get a bigger fuel pump, check the O2 sensor reading to see if it is constantly rich or lean .

·
Registered
257 Posts
Clint, thanks for the help.
I figured out what was the problem las wednesday.
Reinstalling the alternator, after having it checked at the local PepBoys y was coul=rious and looked the turbo from below and found a kinked AFM-to-Turbo hose. It was caused by me when I replaced the turbo, the mouth of the compressor was bigger than the stock unit and I had to cut some of the hose to make it fit. Also I had to cut some of the spring the hose has inside fearing it may get into the compressor wheel. I cut too much and because of that the integrity of the hose was affected, it collapsed at high flows.
When I was trying to troubleshoot the problem I was looking for fuel or spark... not air
well, at last I found it.

CarlosZXT

thanks for the reply Clint!
Z-ya

> I have been following your problems because
> I may have these in the future . I have a
> few suggestions . 1) You cat may be plugged
> with a big old fur ball unbolt your exhaust
> go for a drive . 2) Intercooler may be
> plugged clean it out with gas and let it
> thoroughly dry outside 3) If you have a
> faulty wastegate 4) Your new turbo requires