ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put exhaust on my 85 300zx, but, I'm undecided on one thing.... should it be stainless steel, or carbon fiber? I've looked online for their differences, but to no avail. Is the carbon fiber just for looks, or would it actually hurt sound, performance, etc? Please help again, lol. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Stainless steel...I doubt you're going to find an exhaust system for the z31 in carbon fiber and it would be $$$$$

<http://www.certifiedmuffler.com>

·
Registered
154 Posts
i have a muffler that is carbon fiber well it is raped in carbon fiber. got it of my buddies 2 gen talon

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've looked on eBay, and have managed to find carbon mufflers to fit, but I need to know which would be better performance and sound wise for the ol' Z, thanks.

Post Edited (Jul 17, 2:13pm)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I can't imagine how a carbon fiber muffler (carbon fiber muffler lol) would sound better than any other muffler and I don't see why someone with a 2+2 automatic would be concerned with performance. Not being a smartass here but there are more important factors in a muffler's sound and performance than the material it's made from.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, going for stainless steel. Seems to be more reliable from what I've looked up, thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.