ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here is what happened, one cold morning i pulled my choke up and i heard a snap, the choke cables had broke, so i drove it to work that morning, i went out to start my car and all kinds of black smoke came out of the tail pipe, so knowing my chokes were probably still open i closed them manually, black smoke still emits from the pipe and i can't get it to idle.
Please Help
thanks
kyle

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are closed, i think maybe there is just too much gas from when i drove it with the choke open, could that be?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar problem with my twin carbs on my 260Z, which was caused by the float valve sticking open, causing a v rich mixture and black smoke. I also found my sump was full of gas (petrol...) Remedy was to strip the carb and free the offending valve - that seemed to work

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Usually the cables don't break, the mount under the console breaks and you don't have enough leverage to move the cables to disengage the chokes. Have some one move the lever inside while you move the linkage under the hood, or disconnect the links at the carbs to make sure they release fully. Otherwise it very well may be a crankcase full of diluted oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.