ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 77 280z with ac and my heater valve sprayed all over my car. I took all the hoses and valves out. My car has two heater valves. Having two made no sense to me or my dad but we asumed it might have been a backup valve in case the first one didnt close all the way; we were wrong. It turns out that my car has the valve that a car with ac should have(vacum) and the valve that a car without ac should have. I have no clue what to do. Should I replace them and put them both back on or should I only put one back on; if so which one?

My car has been sitting for about a week and a half because of the heater but today I rerouted the heater hoses so I could drive it. I went to town in the mourning and parked it. Later this evening I moved it so I could work on it when I was done, which wasnt even a half an hour later, I was going to move it into the gerage but it would not start. I checked the battery and it is fine. I dont know what is wrong please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Sean, I am a firm believer in doing things right. Get you a service manual and make it right. Make that heater right.
Get your car started, put a voltmeter on it, if you have over 13volts, your batt. may be bad. If you have under 12 volts, your voltage reg. or alternator could be bad.
Your Z deserves to have the best work possible done to it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 280Z with a/c. It has 2 heater valves too. One works the heater when the heat is on (the one with a cable); the other one [the vacuum one I think) works the heater core periodically when the a/c is on to prevent the coooling matrix from geeting so cold it ices over and stops cooling the air in the a/c air box. You need to buy both heater control valves from the dealer. I think it cost me around $70 or $80 for both last year. I tired going to wrecking yards to find a good used set, but they all had been leaking. The valves are such a paint to remove and replace you don't want to do the job more than once, so I strongly advise you to buy the new valves.>

I have a 77 280z with ac and my heater valve
> sprayed all over my car. I took all the
> hoses and valves out. My car has two heater
> valves. Having two made no sense to me or my
> dad but we asumed it might have been a
> backup valve in case the first one didnt
> close all the way; we were wrong. It turns
> out that my car has the valve that a car
> with ac should have(vacum) and the valve
> that a car without ac should have. I have no
> clue what to do. Should I replace them and
> put them both back on or should I only put
> one back on; if so which one?

> My car has been sitting for about a week and
> a half because of the heater but today I
> rerouted the heater hoses so I could drive
> it. I went to town in the mourning and
> parked it. Later this evening I moved it so
> I could work on it when I was done, which
> wasnt even a half an hour later, I was going
> to move it into the gerage but it would not
> start. I checked the battery and it is fine.
> I dont know what is wrong please help.

> Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.