ZCar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I have a 71 completely original 240 Z. Just before the pandemic hit, I got the car running after it not running for a few years. Drove it about 30 miles and parked it. 3 months laterm May of 2020 I go out to the garage and car will not start.
If you spray carb cleaner into the manifold, it starts.

Unfortunetly I got sick and car sat for another year. I got back to it recently. So I cleaned the carbs, needles. I replaced the check valves. Replaced the fuel pump, even though I was getting fuel from the fuel line before it entered the float bowls.

Last night I pulled the small fuel hoses that go from the bottom of the float bowls to t he bottom of the carbs. I will replace those tonight. While I am at it, can anyone think of something I am missing. It is definitly in the carbs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello all,
I have a 71 completely original 240 Z. Just before the pandemic hit, I got the car running after it not running for a few years. Drove it about 30 miles and parked it. 3 months laterm May of 2020 I go out to the garage and car will not start.

Unfortunetly I got sick and car sat for another year. I got back to it recently. So I cleaned the carbs, needles. I replaced the check valves. Replaced the fuel pump, even though I was getting fuel from the fuel line before it entered the float bowls.

Last night I pulled the small fuel hoses that go from the bottom of the float bowls to t he bottom of the carbs. I will replace those tonight. While I am at it, can anyone think of something I am missing. It is definitly in the carbs.
Hello all,

If you are not getting fuel into the float bowls I would check the little filter screens at the carburetor fuel inlets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are not getting fuel into the float bowls I would check the little filter screens at the carburetor fuel inlets.
I did clean those screens. Will check tonight if I am getting fuel into the float bowls after I replace the small fuel line that goes from the bottom of the float bowls to the bottom of the carb.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I did clean those screens. Will check tonight if I am getting fuel into the float bowls after I replace the small fuel line that goes from the bottom of the float bowls to the bottom of the carb.
Did you find the problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts