ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Luminer...I read somewhere that you had hesitation with your car. What did you do to solve the problem?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Luminar, I know cuz he IM'd me shortly after fixing, corrected his by swapping out with the PTU from his other Z.

Make sure the contacts for the electrical connectors to the following are all clean:

-Detonation sensor plug, towards rear center of engine at the top
-Both connectors that are screwed into the upper water pipe at the front of the engine
-The PTU connectors

Pretty much any electrical connectors you can get at.

Go to Radio Shack, they have some stuff (forget the name) that cleans electrical contacts and another that you spray on them to keep from getting dirty, etc.

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
Mid-life, it was his CAS! At least that's what this posting

said:

<http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=3&i=301586&t=301586>

Post Edited (Jan 15, 2:45pm)

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
If I understand correctly....

from the last post, when the engine is warmed up it runs normally? The reason I asked if you had a pop charger, is sometimes folks over oil the popcharger and the excess oil will contaminate the hotwire in the mafs causing stumble. You may also want to try this. ... Disconnect the vac line that leads to the fuel pressure regulator. Cap the balance tube where the vac line was connected and test drive the car to see if the symptoms dissapear. If that works you want to check the PVR solenoid. If that is ok then replace the fuel pressure regulator.
MaxDoc

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, after I drive the car for a while it runs normal. I do have a pop charger and I have cleaned and oiled it before, but I'm almost 100% sure that thats not it. One thing that I have not mentioned, I hydrolock the motor in the car and had a Jasper block and a lot of other work done to the car and evey sense then I've had this problem. I know now that, that opens the door to what could be a lot of other things. I had all of the work done by a very good Nissan mechanic but he can't figure this out. Hey if this helps at all, this is weird, when the car is bogging down, the car IS making boost, and I think I hear what is my after market Blitz boost controller silonoid (mounted to the fire wall) make a DAAAAAA sound. Don't know if this helps but I'm making a list of what everyone thinks it is to check out.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I am having a similar problem. I had an gas leak from one of my hoses, the one that is under the balance regulator (basically, the fuel pressure regulator for the passanger side of the car). So I fixed that, but from the balance tube, I had to put a new vac hose (again, on the passanger side), because when I went to fix the leak, I had to remove the balance tube, and the old hose was basically toasted, but I did not notice until after I did the fix, by the time I was done, the whole passanger side of the motor that involved the balance tube and the balance regulator (i think that is what it is called), all those hoses were new. Hopefully that fixes the problem, its 1:14am here and I will drive the car in the morning, its kinda late on a sunday any way, will post if it fixes it. If not, back to the drawing board I go.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well, its been 2 days since I did the fix, I haven't had any problems any more, and I have gone a half a tank and 125-130 miles. (on 555cc) I'm not sure if that is a bad thing or a good thing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.