ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted this before and never got good results. I have a 91' TT automatic, when I first start and car, the car idels and runs fine. Put the car in drive and go to accelurate and the car will start to accelurate. Then it will bog down and then start to accelurate and bog down again. It's done this for so long to me its almost normal. I can usually feather its out until it warms up and start to run normal. Heres the funny thing, if I floor it and get it to boost and run it a little hard, it will run normal quicker. I've thought of PCV/EGR problems that it maybe. Anybody got any ideas? I would really love to solve this problem.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've run codes and so has other Nissan mechanics, and no codes came up. I've had the plug to the temp sensor replaced and the temp sensor itself.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I think its time to ohm check your injectors. Its possible that when they are cold they will be within spec. but once they heat up they more than likely will go out of spec.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do have a Stillen pop charger on the car. I've never thought of the injectors. I've had a friend who is a BMW Master Mechanic take a look at my car (he also owns a Z). He had this thing that had a metal pointer and a set of head phones that allowed you to listen to injectors, it was pretty cool. We did notice that two of the injectors sounded weak compared to the others. He showed me a trick with a screw driver and a rubber malet. He took the screw driver and stuck it on top of the injector and lightly tapped the back of the screw driver. We listened to that particular injector again and it sounded better after he did that. He said that the injector was probley clogged/dirty and to run some injector cleaner in the car, which I did. The injectors to my knowlage have about 120,000 miles on them. So, you think that the injectors maybe the problem? Do you think I should change them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.