ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here ya go. if anyone has others post em up.

280z

line of 280z's

some z31's(jerky, me, club pres.)

more z31's

z32's

350z vert

z32

z33's

nice g35

another g35

datsun roadster

a mint z32

anniversary z31

a old z engine bay

another g35

nice 240z

the car that beat 88hybrid

88hybrid

a modded z32

and the winners

like i said above if anyone(88, jerky) has anymore POST EM!!!!

Post Edited (Oct 12, 4:08pm)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Your telling us that, that 350Z beat Kevin's (88Hybrid) Z31?

I think they should of taken another look at Kevin's car!!

What does that windshield banner sticker say anything..Looks like it says "Mule 350Z" But I doubt that..

Post Edited (Oct 12, 4:55pm)

·
Registered
353 Posts
hybrid i think your balloon tires are ugly ,get rid of them please , if i was rich id pay you to take them off , that sidewall looks atleast like a 50, i think looks was why you didnt win (obviously) and that tire looks like it belongs on a ford mercury or something :) . p.s. you car is awesome (except for the tires).

·
Registered
958 Posts
ouch. that almost sounds spiteful. However; I have to agree with 2+2 turbo. They do draw from the overall whole beauty of the vehicle.

·
Registered
353 Posts
yea z33's are crap but damm seriously look hybrids's tires!, they remind of those old cartoons where there would be some shitbox with some balloon wheels that were of center and the car would go up and down as it moves.
lol i dont mean it in a bad way i love hybrid and his creation but it hurts me to see that , i think even the stock wheels have a thinner tire, anyway if you really like those wheels why dont you get a lowpro tire and drop it , jason86na2t made a coilover for the rear using s13 240sx rear coilovers and those are adjustables so you can lower and increase the ride height at will.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Hazelwood, Missouri, it was a blast! If you think that is a lot of z31's you should have seen the Branson Z Fest! I have never seen so many z31's in one place and people traveled a long way. AZ_ZBUM was there from Arizona and Jason84NA2T came down from Michigan.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dspurk, the people that were there were me, jerky, 88hybrid, and stu85na. i like hybrids wheels i think that youll change you mind if you see them in person.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Branson Z Fest is on the my TO DO LIST ...

Most likely 2007 .. gotta get there before I get TOO OLD ..

then again .. I might be going there (Branson) for the senior citizen trips .. LOL!

I made that comment because of the recent pics from the Texas Z Shows .. I think only 1 z31 was there .. and no pics of it were posted ...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
2+2 turrrbo - I agree with Idryfly5, I think you would disagree in person. They are a rare set of 80's style wheels that you cannot purchase any more. They mesh perfectly with the black paint job. 88hybrid could turn around and sell them for about $1,000 :).

They look fantastic in person.

·
Registered
353 Posts
the wheels are good , the tires are just ewww, yeah if the wheels have a nice lip on them too the it would look good but the tire is whats got me down.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Ok, I prefer the ZR 225 60-15 tires. the shadows, and the angle of the picture do make them look big, but in person they look nice. They are 8.5 inch wide wheels. Those are the size that is suppose to be on the car, and That was the Performance tire size of the day. And have MUCH better Road handeling Abilities than a Low profile tire. If I put a 40 series tire on my car, lowered it down for that sidewall, it would ride like ASS and it would look like a Mexican Low Rider!! ( All due Respect for any Spanish Speaking Forum Members.) Sorry if it is not up to Newer standards. That is the whole point of this post, I got beat by a car that is exactlly what you are downing me for. Im sorry 200+ hours spent on "NO BULLSHIT" modofications. Is a Modified car. Look at racing, Modified class cars are High Performance versions of a stock class. Plus it is a 1988 car for God Sakes, that is not suppose to look like a Moderen car.

Same tires, I dont think they are balloon at all. I WOULD NOT PUT improper sized tires on my High Performance Car.

These are some of the "Toughest" wheel/tire Combos if seen on a Z31.

Post Edited (Oct 14, 12:01pm)

·
Registered
353 Posts
you have a 225 in the rear ?, and an open diffy still right ? with all that power you should spin that right tire like crazy , lol dont get all mad i guess we all have our preferences , also have you seen some of the cars on little k's website?or even zbums wheel show thing(i think theyre in there), they have small rims and are dropped to **** but i think they look awesome , anyway you did get beat by a rice burner but , i tought lower profile tires had better handling characteristics because of the sidewal not flexing as much , well what the **** do i know and plus your ride must be alot smoother .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.