ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to start my z up. It will run for about two or three minutes, then it seems over fuel itself,and it dies, and you can't restart it. Fuel compression is fine, motor compression is dead on, air sensor is ok, I put a new computer, and throttle postition is ok. Anybody with a solution? The motor is rebuild though. Differnet year. Not exactly sure though. The car itself is an 80. One more thing could a temp sensor cause the problem? E-mail me back if you have a solution.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My '76 did the same thing to me a while back. It turns out that the temp sensor
connector was corroded so bad that the computer was reading very high resistance
so it was dumping tons of fuel thru the injectors. The way I checked it initially was to
insert a small wire between the to clips in the connector itself. It was a little hard to
start but once it did, it ran continuously. I then cleaned up the connector (including the
tangs on the temp sensor) sprayed it with a little contacts cleaner, hooked it back up
and it has run good ever since.

good luck

ross

> I go to start my z up. It will run for about
> two or three minutes, then it seems over
> fuel itself,and it dies, and you can't
> restart it. Fuel compression is fine, motor
> compression is dead on, air sensor is ok, I
> put a new computer, and throttle postition
> is ok. Anybody with a solution? The motor is
> rebuild though. Differnet year. Not exactly
> sure though. The car itself is an 80. One
> more thing could a temp sensor cause the
> problem? E-mail me back if you have a
> solution.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Check the water temperature sensor circuit and cylinder head temperature sensor circuit might even be a malfunctioning EFI relay. I am sorry I can't be more helpful , any of these sensors will affect the computor and need to be checked... Randy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.