ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still new to Z's and working on cars in general, hopefully someone can help me some my current problem.

Some quick background: My '72 240 hasn't been running too well, largely due to carburetor problems (needles set incorrectly, vacuum leaks, choke that
didn't always disengage) so I splurged and ordered some Z therapy carbs.

After they arrived and before I put them on, my front carb insulator block cracked and spewed about a gallon of radiator fluid (into the engine and outwards) before I figured out what was going on. Oh well, they're cheap
and I was just about to take the carbs off anyway!

I get the blocks, put the carbs on, and fill up the radiator, and put clean spark plugs in. After a little cranking the car starts up and runs a little off, but not too bad. I turn the throttle screws inward a turn to get the car idling a little higher, then wait a minute for the car to warm up. All of the sudden I hear a PFFT! sound and the engine stops cold. I lifted the
piston on the front carb and smoke came out! Then I realized I hadn't hooked up the vacuum line that goes to the alternator, so I plugged that in and tried again. The car start up, runs for about 10 seconds then PFFT
again. I start it one more time, same result only faster, with smoke from both carbs.

Any ideas?

-Brian

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.